What is the temperature in the refrigerator?
Do you know what is the temperature in the refrigerator? But this directly affects the shelf life of products contained in it.
So, what temperature should be infridge. The ideal temperature for an ordinary refrigerator is usually considered to be +4. We need to take into account that in modern refrigerators there are many departments in which different temperature conditions are set. So, let's look at each of the departments separately.
- The freezing chamber. When setting the temperature in it, remember the rule: the faster the freezing, the better. For the usual storage of meat, fish, ice cream and other things in it, the temperature is -18⁰ below zero. When the product is directly frozen, turn on the super mode, which provides a temperature from -24 to -30. This will maximize the useful properties of the product.
- Department for vegetables and fruits. Here the temperature is maintained at about 7⁰ - 8⁰. If it is lower, some vegetables may lose flavor.
- Zone of freshness (zero chamber). This department is closed from the rest of the space, which allows it to maintain the lowest temperature from 0⁰ to + 2 в. In this department it is convenient not to freeze to keep fresh meat or fish, but not longer than in 2 days.
- Top shelf. This part of the refrigerator is usually a bit warmer, the temperature in it tends to 7⁰.
- Door. The warmest part in the fridge. The temperature in it ranges from +8⁰ to +10⁰. It is necessary to store oil on it (so that it does not harden hard), eggs (up to 7 days) and drinks before consumption.