Vitamin D3: instructions for use, release form, reviews
In an incredibly harmonious interaction of various systems of our body, vitamins play a key role. The lack of these vital substances leads to various disturbances in metabolic processes. In this article we will talk about the benefits of vitamin D3. Instructions for use are also considered in this material.
Natural ways of vitamin intake
Cholecalciferol (D3) is one of the fat-soluble compounds of group D and is one of the most active. There are two main ways of receipt of this vitamin in the human body: through food of animal origin and the skin, when exposed to ultraviolet radiation. Penetrating into the body, it enters into communication with the transporting protein, which delivers it to the liver. There, the vitamin helps to be absorbed by important trace elements that perform their functions in the metabolism.
How much fat-soluble compound will be synthesized using sunlight, depends on the time of a person's stay in fresh air.For many people, the business lifestyle requires most daylight to be indoors. Because of this, there is a shortage in this substance. Under such circumstances, there is a need to use vitamin D3 in the form of a medicinal supplement.
The need for cholecalciferol increases in winter. Even with a long stay on the street due to lack of heat and light, the body does not receive the necessary dose of this compound. At this time, you need to eat as much as possible foods rich in vitamins of group D.
When using any beneficial substance must be respected. If you decide to use the synthetic form of cholecalciferol, and your doctor has prescribed vitamin D3, the instructions for use have the necessary instructions regarding dosages. In no case should not exceed the designated rate.
In the pharmaceutical industry manufacturing vitamin is obtained from plant and animal products. The dosage form of fish oil is also a source of this substance. Unlike the vegetable analogue, the animal product is absorbed by the human body much faster.
What Causes Lack of Cholecalciferol
The content of fat-soluble compounds can be affected by various factors. Not always the amount of this substance is caused by spending time in the sun or using certain foods. The following are a number of reasons for which cholecalciferol deficiency may occur.
- Age-related changes most often lead to a lack of this vitamin. The main symptoms are the development of osteoporosis and poor sleep. With age, the muscular and skeletal systems weaken, because of this, older people need to replenish their supply of fat-soluble substances.
- The popular belief that a vegetarian diet is a guarantee of health often leads to beriberi, since vitamin D3 is most often found in animal products.
- The following causes are pathological diseases of the kidneys and liver. In people suffering from renal insufficiency, vitamin D3 is absorbed very slowly, and the body is constantly experiencing its shortage.
- The systematic use of antacid drugs, which, in particular, is prescribed for the treatment of the digestive system, can cause a lack of vitamin D3.These funds are ancillary methods of therapy, so if necessary, they are better to cancel.
- Pregnancy and lactation. Since all nutrients a child receives from their maternal organism, during this period it is especially important for a woman to monitor her health. It is necessary to replenish the lack of vitamins in time, so that the future baby can receive them. The same can be said about the period of breastfeeding. Vitamin D3 for the newborn is of great importance, as it reduces the risk of rickets.
With a large deficit of cholecalciferol in humans, the following symptoms appear: chronic fatigue, insomnia, blurred vision, bone fragility (slow healing by fractures), heartburn, poor appetite, osteoporosis. With the appearance of such signs, you need to go to the hospital.
The benefits of vitamin D3 for the body
According to scientists, of the available fat-soluble substances, the most necessary is vitamin D3. What is it for?
- Bone system. To a greater extent, cholecalciferol is involved in metabolic processes that promote the absorption of calcium and phosphorus.It regulates the balance of these elements and accelerates the flow of essential minerals into the bone tissue. Vitamin D3 is very useful in this regard for children, since it contributes to the proper development of the skeleton.
- Strengthening immunity. Having a direct effect on the bone marrow, which is responsible for the creation of immune cells, vitamin D3 is an excellent general tonic.
- Protection against cancer. Cholecalciferol promotes the growth and renewal of cellular tissues. Also important is the fact that it inhibits the reproduction of cancer cells in the mammary glands and intestines.
- Regeneration of nerve fibers. Here, too, can not do without vitamin D3. What does the nervous system need it for? By adjusting the level of calcium, nerve fibers are restored. Normalized order in the transmission of pulses. It is for this reason that the vitamin is discharged in multiple sclerosis. Also, strong nerves provide reliable protection against many diseases.
- Endocrine system. Fat-soluble compound is actively involved in the distribution of glucose. It has a positive effect on the function of the pancreas, responsible for the production and rate of insulin.
- Memory.In the course of the research, it was proved that the concentration of attention is directly related to the presence of vitamins of group D. The lack of these substances significantly affects the performance of students during exams and solving complex problems.
- Mood. Vitamin D3 is a hormone responsible for the mindset of a person. The effect of this substance on brain function, responsible for mood, was revealed. Depression, insomnia, excessive anxiety, mood swings and emotional disorders serve as a signal for the slow production of estrogen and testosterone. The imbalance of such substances leads to premenstrual syndrome and painful periods. Such negative manifestations occur due to a lack of cholecalciferol.
The pharmaceutical market has a wide range of products with the presence of the discussed compounds. Dosage forms of vitamin D3 on sale are found in water, oil and alcohol solution, as well as in capsules and tablets.
Capsules are intended for adults, as they are characterized by high dosage - 600 IU. They are produced by several manufacturers, in pharmacies such drugs are always available.
Babies are better to give a solution of vitamin D3. Although this form is very convenient and the age dosage is already calculated, the doctor must prescribe an individual treatment regimen. "Akvadetrim" prescribed to infants, and a complex agent with calcium content - older children.
Vitamin D3 tablets suitable for any age. It is convenient in that one unit has a small dosage containing 200 IU of cholecalciferol. Two tablets of this form of the drug make up the full norm for the child. One of the popular drugs is Calcium D3 Nicomed. A similar tool with the mark "Forte" is distinguished by a double dose of vitamin.
The oil solution is used less frequently, since overdose this substance releases toxins. But its plus is that due to the oil it has good absorbability. In case of excessive use, compared with other forms of this substance, side effects are less pronounced. "Vigantol" - the most common remedy that is often prescribed to patients.
The official instructions of vitamin D3 indicate the calculated dose, taking into account the age needs of the person.
Vitamin in liquid form, infants are recommended to give 3 drops per day.
Expectant mothers need 1 drop a day, throughout the entire period of pregnancy. If the drug was discharged shortly before delivery, then 2 drops are prescribed.
During menopause and after women prescribed daily dose - 2 drops.
If the diagnosis of rickets is made, then the rate of vitamin is significantly increased. It can be up to 10 drops.
When vitamin D3 in pills is prescribed for prophylaxis, then a specialist under the age of 5 years determines the norm. Children under 12 years old are recommended 1 tablet per day, and older than this age - 2 pcs. in a day. The established dose for adults - 3 tablets of 200 IU.
The best drug in capsule form is considered a biological additive "Solgar". The rate of medication in capsules for an adult is 1 per day. Children and pregnant women do not prescribe this remedy.
Contraindications: individual intolerance, hypercalcemia, renal failure, active form of pulmonary tuberculosis, atherosclerosis (with caution), calcium nephroluritiasis.
Side effects: mental disorders, polyuria, pain in the joints and muscles, increased amount of calcium in the urine and blood, constipation, dry mouth and calcification of soft tissues.
Interaction with other drugs:
- Cholesterol-lowering drugs inhibit normal absorption.
- Corticosteroid drugs immediately remove vitamin D3 from the body, not allowing it to be absorbed, and also violate calcium metabolism.
- Heart medications slow down its activity.
- The simultaneous use of vitamin E improves metabolic processes.
- Anti-TB drugs activate vitamin D3, thereby disturbing the balance of phosphorus and calcium.
- Synthetic laxatives slow down the absorption of cholecalciferol.
- Anticonvulsants reduce absorption.
From the group of vitamins D substance D3 is isolated as one of the important for the functioning of the female body. The need for it is associated with a large consumption of energy reserves in many life stages of the fair sex. Menstruation, childbirth, child care, excessive loads and stress - all this leaves an imprint on the health of women. For these reasons, they especially need an extra natural supplement. Undoubtedly, at different age periods the need for this substance may fluctuate.It is also associated with changes in physical stress and circumstances. Vitamin D3 for women is an indispensable source of strength. It strengthens the bones, prevents wilting of the skin and regulates the menstrual cycle.
Benefits for children
For children, vitamin D3 is a valuable medicine for the prevention and treatment of rickets. The lack of fat-soluble substances are more susceptible to babies living in the northern regions of the country. A child receiving an insufficient amount of sunlight, through which the necessary vitamin is synthesized, is poorly absorbed calcium and is quickly washed out of the skeletal system.
The presence of rickets is characterized by the following features:
- The baby slowly teeth cut.
- Bone tissue becomes too soft, thickens the back of the head.
- The facial section of the skull looks wrinkled.
- The pelvic bones are deformed and the lower limbs are bent.
- The child sleeps worse, is irritable and often sweats.
- There are significant changes in the structure of the chest.
Vitamin D3 for newborns in this case is prescribed in the form of an oil solution, most often it is the drug "Viganol".Children of school age experts recommend fish oil.
The following symptoms are the result of the excess of fat-soluble substance: increased pressure, heart rate jumps, nephrocalcinosis, a sharp weight loss, the formation of kidney stones. At the same time, there are signs of general malaise, such as nausea, weakness, irritability, and possibly vomiting.
In case of overdose of vitamin D3, the drug is immediately canceled. You should also limit your stay in the open air and the use of products containing this substance.
Under such circumstances, it is necessary to undergo a therapeutic course of treatment. Infusion treatment is carried out with the use of diuretics, as well as drugs, which include magnesium and potassium. In severe conditions, doctors find it advisable to inject corticosteroids.
An overdose of vitamin D3 represents a considerable danger to human life. This threatens the accumulation of potassium salts in the intestine, as a result of which a tragic outcome may occur.
What products does it contain?
To maintain the level of cholecalciferol in the body, you should regularly monitor nutrition.It is important not only to eat food rich in vitamin D3, but also to try in every way to diversify your diet. In winter time, it is necessary to pay special attention to this and, if possible, include products containing a large amount of the compound under discussion in the menu. These include:
- fish fat;
- raw chicken yolks;
Some of the products allow the body to fully absorb vitamin D3. In plant foods, it is almost not contained. Parsley is a plant containing this substance.
Chanterelle mushrooms, duck meat and beef liver have a small amount of cholecalciferol.
About vitamin D3 reviews are different. Of the funds that were used to treat babies, the best are considered “Akvadetrim” and “Minisan”. Parents of school-age children were noticed that these drugs protect against colds. There have been cases when, after the use of such agents as Vigantol and Akvadetrim, allergic reactions occurred. Good results showed an oil solution "Takhistin" - an analogue of vitamin D3. Reviews of this supplement are great. Recovery of the child can be expected in 4 months, and treatment costs without side effects.
Based on the instructions for vitamin D3, we can conclude that the metabolism of phosphorus and potassium under the influence of this compound will take place normally only with properly selected dosage. An excess of cholecalciferol can cause great harm to the body. Before taking a dietary supplement or giving it to a child, it is imperative that you seek advice from your doctor.