Turner is who? Turner Profession
Modern production is soAutomated that in order, say, to make vehicles, toy cars, vacuum cleaners, kitchen utensils and others, just press the button and the creation process is activated. Have you ever wondered how this miracle technique works? All the components that are included in its equipment: bolts, nuts, bushings, couplings, etc., ensure the correct operation and safety of the automatic equipment-designer. All these components are the result of the hard work of the turner-the person whose work depends on scientific and technological progress generally.
Turner is a specialist who is engaged inmachining parts from a variety of hard materials (metal, plastic, wood, etc.) by mastering the skills of working on a lathe.
The very word "turner" has a pre-Slavic roots and intranslation means "sharpen", "grind". If you understand, the rudiments of this profession appeared in ancient times, when people realized that any material can make the necessary detail.
The lathe specialist works on machine tools, which, depending on the type of material used, are metalworking and woodworking.
Based on the fact that the lathes are of different types, and the work that can be performed on them, are different, there are several specializations:
- Turner-milling machine;
- turner-station wagon.
It is worth noting that the duties of the turner includenot only work on machines, but also with blanks, the selection of the best and their culling, the preparation of the workplace and its cleaning after the completion of the labor process.
The machine building industry does not represent itsexistence without such a specialist as a turner-carousel. He specializes in the manufacture of cylindrical and conical objects, on the surface of which there are various holes, grooves, this or that type of thread. Such a specialist works on a carousel machine, functioning from high voltage. In the unit there are metal parts that are hot and rotate quickly. Therefore, the observance of safety rules is given special attention.
Principle of work: the workpiece is machined through the interaction of a rotating workpiece and a cutting tool that moves with a given speed mode at an appropriate angle.
A turner-carousel is an expert whose duties include:
- processing of blanks of complex type on specialized equipment;
- sharpening of high degree of accuracy;
- boring holes;
- the turning of surfaces having the form of a cylinder or a cone by using several cutting tools;
- threading of a different type of thread;
- processing of blanks by plasma-mechanical method;
- machining of rolled wheels of one-piece type with clearly defined dimensions after running-in.
Turner-frontal - who is this?Such a specialist works on turning and frontal machine tools. The duties of a frontalizer include the processing of housings and semi-finished parts. Heat-resistant metals (titanium, stainless steel) are used in the work. Such specialists are indispensable in aviation production.
Turner-revolver is an employee servinglathe-turret lathes and specializing in processing parts of varying complexity depending on the level of professionalism. Processing involves the use of cutting tools and various devices.
What does the revolver do?It cuts the external and internal threads of various shapes (two-pass, rectangular, semicircular, sawtooth, single-pass, trapezoidal); produces complete processing of screws for micrometers; cuts, drills, extrudes and cuts threads into nuts with a caliper with a cutting length of more than 50 mm; Processes disks for universal cartridges of machine tools on metal working; grinds and kneads bunks and ball joints with a radius of more than 100 mm according to the template; processes cylindrical gears of various diameters and bearing shields.
Features of the profession of turner borer
Turner-borer is an important person on theenterprise. Its main task is the processing of elements - blanks, from which in the subsequent gather a variety of details. The raw material can be wood, metal, organic glass, plastic, etc.
The specialist determines the cutting speed and depthdetails. A specific cutting tool is selected depending on the individual characteristics (properties) of the raw material and the tool parameters. The borer fixes the part and begins its processing. The output should be a blank, the dimensions of which fully correspond to the parameters specified in the drawing and in the terms of reference. Only in this case the work of the turner-borer is considered productive and effective, and in the rest - useless work.
In its work, the borer uses not only a machine tool, but also measuring tools of a complex type. The latter include indicators, micrometers.
A turner working on a milling machine ismilling machine. It processes solid materials (metal, wood, etc.) through the operation of the mill. In the production process at any factory or enterprise, this employee plays a key role.
Tasks performed by the turner:
- operations related to the processing of parts according to the ordered parameters;
- systematic control over the work of machine tools;
- re-setting of the machine for the production of other products.
Advantages of the profession
1. The demand. To date, there is a shortage of specialists in the profession of "turner", which generates a high demand for specialists of the lathe business among employers.
2. A turner is a highly paid work.The reason is demand, hard working conditions. In addition, his salary can be controlled by the specialist himself. As a rule, a piece-rate method of payment is used, which allows you to earn as much as you need.
3. Realization of creative potential.The profession of turner is ideal for creative people, because it allows you to express yourself from the creative side as much as possible. The labor process, which consists in a variety of processing blanks and parts, is compared with art.
Disadvantages of the profession
1. Severe working conditions.First of all, this concerns a complex device of turning equipment, work with which requires exceptional compliance with safety regulations. Also, the result of any labor process on the unit is production waste: hot metal shavings, sawdust and other substances, which, if caught on the skin, will cause a burn or injury. In addition, for safety reasons, the turner must work in special clothes made of dense fabric, which he must wear both in the heat and in the cold.
2. Monotony. It manifests itself in the monotony of the work process, the same actions are carried out regularly.
3. There is no possibility of career growth. A turner is a job that does not imply any major career ups. However, systematic professional development and raising the level of qualifications is mandatory. To some extent this defect is compensated by good wages.
What should be the turner?
The future turner should understand that hechose an interesting, but not an easy one. Most of the work day, the turner is standing on his feet in a relatively uncomfortable position, so the first thing a turner must have is good health and physical endurance.
In addition, the turner should also have a number of personal characteristics, among which:
- ability to concentrate;
- a responsibility;
- a developed imagination in space;
- the ability to think clearly and effectively;
- technical mindset;
- the developed ability to measure and determine dimensions "by eye";
- diligence and diligence;
What professional skills and knowledge are needed to fill this post
Turner is a profession of technical specialty,requiring knowledge of physical laws, features of the chemical composition of processed metal structures and parts. He makes the parts according to clearly designed and specified in the drawings parameters, so all specialists of the lathe business are distinguished by their unique ability to read drawings. The turner must know the device of the machine on which he works, the properties of the materials used.
The ability to plan the turning process is also one of the key requirements.
The work of the turner is categorically contraindicated for people suffering from diseases of the musculoskeletal system, cardiovascular and nervous systems, the visual and auditory apparatus.
Where to study?
You can get a turner profession in two ways:
- graduate secondary specialized institution, which is available in the cities of the Russian Federation;
- get a job as an assistant turner, a professional, who will be a teacher-mentor.
But still in priority is the first way of getting a profession, which implies the passage of a full course of study on the basis of specialized technical schools and colleges.