Transit visa to the Schengen countries

In mid-1985, several European countries(Germany, Luxembourg, France, Belgium and the Netherlands) signed an agreement on the termination of border passport control at the borders between them. And in ten years this agreement came into force. Later, seven other European powers joined the treaty, according to which to enter their territory you need to have a special document - a Schengen visa. Since the above-mentioned agreement was signed by the participating countries in the small and little-known Swiss town of Schengen, it was called Schengen.

The code regulating the boundaries within which the contract operates was adopted in 2006. The last change to this document was made in late 2007.

To date, the Schengenall European countries, but in a few it actually does not work. This is explained by the fact that several countries that signed the agreement did not abolish passport control on their borders. Such countries are actually located outside the Schengen zone, while the vast majority of European countries are included in it.

What you need in order to visit anya European state that abolished passport control? Of course, first of all, a relevant transit visa is required. This document is of several types. Most often, however, a type C visa is issued. It can be either a multiple or a single entry visa. Having a Schengen visa, you have every right to visit any country entering the Schengen area. In other words, if you have this document, you do not need to issue a visa to each of the Schengen states you wish to visit. The reasons for obtaining it can be: a trip for a fairly long time in a certain country, or an invitation to some of these countries.

Where is this transit visa issued? In the consulate of the country, which is the main purpose of your trip. That is, if you go to Germany through Poland, a transit Schengen visa is issued at the German Embassy. However, it should be said that if you want to go to Germany and then visit Belgium, then you will have to provide the embassy staff with documents that apply to both the Belgian and the German part of your trip. However, on the other hand, if you buy a train ticket to a Belgian city or hire a taxi, then it's unlikely that you will be asked about anything on the border.

According to the rules established by the Schengenagreement, the corresponding transit visa must be issued by the consulate of the country in which the maximum travel time will be carried out. If the state that is the main goal of your voyage can not be identified (for example, in the case of a country cruise), then it will be necessary to obtain a visa at the consulate of the country in whose territory the Schengen border will be crossed.

As was said, there are two main typescorresponding visa: single and multiple. If you are issued a single entry, then you have the right to enter any Schengen country exclusively from the territory of the country that issued the document. For example, you got it at the German Consulate. And you can only enter Germany from neighboring Germany. If, with your visa issued by the German mission, you are traveling, for example, to Estonia, you may have to explain at the border why it happened. And, maybe, if your explanation is considered satisfactory, you will be allowed into this country.

Multiple transit visas are different fromone-time in that it opens the way for you to any of the states that signed the well-known treaty on the abolition of the passport regime. And the common thing between them is that they operate for a strictly defined period. Multiple Schengen transit visas can operate from one month to a year.

Consular fee for the preparation of this document takes from 35 to 65 euros, depending on its type.

Related news

Transit visa to the Schengen countries Transit visa to the Schengen countries Transit visa to the Schengen countries Transit visa to the Schengen countries Transit visa to the Schengen countries Transit visa to the Schengen countries Transit visa to the Schengen countries Transit visa to the Schengen countries Transit visa to the Schengen countries Transit visa to the Schengen countries