The main parts of the Makarov pistol and their purpose
In 1948, the Soviet gunsmith NF Makarov developed the design of the pistol, which today is known as PM. Since 1951, and to this day, this model of the pistol is used by members of the Russian armed forces and law enforcement agencies as personal weapons for protection and attack.
The main purpose of the PM is to defeat the enemyat a short distance. The reliability of this weapon is ensured by the uninterrupted operation of all elements of its automation. The article contains information about the main parts of the Makarov pistol.
Beginning of work
In 1947 the senior command staff of the SovietThe army needed a new compact pistol. TT and revolver revolvers by that time are already outdated. It was necessary to create a new weapon - a "peace time" pistol. In 1948, a competition was held at which Soviet weapons designers presented their achievements.
Under the terms of the competition, weapons must be equippedfree shutter and self-cocking shock-trigger mechanism. Based on the already proven German Walther PP. It was planned to create two samples of a pistol using ammunition of calibres 7, 65 and 9 mm. After testing the cartridges, gunsmiths noted that, compared to 7, 65, 9 mm is more powerful. It was decided to focus on this particular caliber. The end result of such works was the Makarov pistol. TTX and the main parts of this weapon allow it to be used effectively during melee.
How does automation work?
The Makarov pistol is a self-loading weapon. In the use of PM simple, and automatic gun allows the owner to keep weapons always ready for action. The process of automatic recharging is carried out by such basic parts of the Makarov pistol as a bolt and a trigger mechanism. For this, the recoil principle is used, which is not connected with the barrel of the bolt. During the shot, the barrel is locked due to the large mass of the bolt and the force of the return spring. To shoot, do not need to cock the trigger. It is enough to pull the trigger.
The main parts and mechanisms of the Makarov pistol
The weapons are equipped with the following elements:
- Trunk frame and trigger guard.
- A shutter containing a drummer, an ejector and a fuse.
- The return spring.
- Shock-trigger mechanism.
- The gate delay.
- The Pistol shop.
These components represent the 7 main parts of the Makarov pistol.
The main parts of the Makarov pistol perform the following tasks:
- The trunk directs the flight of the bullet. Trigger guard protects the trigger from accidental pressing.
- Shutter submits ammunition from the store to the chamber,locks the barrel during shooting, holds the sleeve by means of the ejector in the bolt cup and sets the trigger on the combat platoon. With the help of the drummer, the ammunition capsule is broken. The fuse ensures the safety of the needle during the operation of the gun.
- The return spring after the shot is fired sets the bolt in its original position.
- USM is equipped with a trigger, whisper with a spring,triggering hook, cocked lever with pull-rod, spring and a bolt to it. These basic parts of the Makarov pistol provide quick shooting. You can shoot right after pressing the trigger. Pre-cock for this now is not necessary.
- The shutter lag allows you to hold the bolt in the rear position with an empty magazine.
- The handle with the screw ensures a convenient holding of the Makarov pistol.
- The gun magazine serves to position eight ammunition.
This element has four elements:
- The case of the store, which is used to connect all its parts.
- The feeder, by which ammunition is fed into the chamber.
- Spring, pushing out the feeder with cartridges up.
- Shop cover designed to close the case.
The photo below shows the main parts of the Makarov pistol.
What is the security?
The left side of the shutter is equipped with a specialfuse. With the help of automatics and combat springs, the trigger is mounted on a safety platoon during descent. It is affected by the curved (bump) end of the spring pen: it unfolds the trigger at a slight angle from the bolt. Thus, the spring serves as a "release" of the trigger. She whispered with her spout in front of the guard platoon. When the trigger is released, the feather of the fighting spring acts on the pull rod, and the cocked lever and the sear fall into the lower position. Thus, whispering, pressing against the trigger, sets it on a safety platoon.
How does the shot happen?
The process is carried out in several stages:
- The beginning of the work of mechanics is carried out by pressing the trigger.
- The trigger interacts with the drummer, as a result of which it breaks the cartridge cap.
- Ignition of the powder charge. The formed powder gases emit a bullet from the barrel channel.
- Powder gases through the bottom of the cartridge affect thethe shutter, which, retreating, compresses the return spring. With the aid of the ejector, the bolt retains the sleeve. Reaching the reflector, it is extracted through the shutter window.
- The bolt in the extreme position unfolds the trigger set on the trunnions until it is on the fighting platoon.
- In the extreme position, the shutter is acted upon by a return spring, which pushes it back forward.
- Moving forward, the shutter sends a regular ammunition from the gun shop to the chamber with the help of a dispatcher.
- "Shut" from the cartridge bolt locks the barrel channel. After that, the weapon is again ready for shooting.
Shots from the Makarov pistol are made until all the cartridges in the store are spent. After that, the shutter becomes the gate delay in the back position.
Tactical and technical characteristics
- The Makarov pistol is designed to fire cartridges of 9 mm caliber.
- The weapon weighs 0.73 grams.
- The length is 161 mm.
- The barrel of the PM has a length of 93 mm.
- The bullet is capable of developing an initial speed of up to 315 m / s.
- The PM has a rate of fire of 30 rounds per minute.
- The pistol is designed for a single shooting mode.
- The range of effective shooting does not exceed 50 m.
- Slaughter of the bullet is 350 m.
- The PM shop is designed for 8 ammunition.
Small size, reliability, simplicity inoperation and maintenance - the characteristic features of the Makarov pistol. Of the wide variety of models belonging to the class of compact weapons for self-defense, the PM pistol is recognized as one of the best. Today it is used by officers of the armed forces and employees of the state power structures.