The ability to admit mistakes is a vital component of happiness.
How to learn to recognize what is wrong
Most people are willing to accept excuses and forgiveness. After recognition, you need to internally calm yourself, praise and stop engaging in self-flagellation. Assess not yourself and your behavior as a whole, but a single action.
There is an effective psychological exercise -"Mistakes". It will help you learn to accept yourself with your shortcomings, without fear of admitting yourself and others. Especially if you are prone to exaggerated experiences, you see a catastrophe in mistakes.
- To facilitate the adoption of their own, even if a serious mistake, you need to express it in a funny way. To say to yourself ironic: "Mistake" or "The error came out”, Accompanying the frivolous gesture of the hand.
- You can copy any animation hero. You need to pronounce in a playful manner, being in a relaxed internal state.
- To start, say it out loud without witnesses or in the presence of friends. Bring to the level of ritual. Then you can do it mentally.
- After recognition, you do not want to engage in destructive self-criticism.
Switch perception from negative to positive:
- Mentally or truly hug your shoulders;
- Aloud or silently say: “I'm good". Or write another phrase that carries the same meaning.
Swearing, we turn on the self-defense system. Learn to protect yourself with praise. Try to praise the other person during an argument, and you will witness his transformation.
Transition to action. Give yourself a setup: "Work". Accept the correction of the error. But first, apply the rule of error differentiation: separate the minor errors from the global, significant ones. First delete from memory, work on the second, so as not to repeat.
Learn to accept criticism, trust the advice and amendments of those people who are your reference points, in whose sincere and friendly attitude you are confident.
Also, learn to resist the temptation to criticize others for any minor trifles. Apply the rule of error differentiation. If you need to express a critical opinion, do it in essence, in a benevolent and condescending manner. Do not label the person’s personal characteristics.