Secrets of vegetable blanks. How to keep fresh cucumbers for the winter?
A fresh cucumber in the winter is a real delicacy. Everyone knows that this vegetable very quickly deteriorates and wilts. To keep a cucumber for a long time fresh is very difficult, but possible. How? We'll talk about this in this article under the title "How to keep fresh cucumbers for the winter?" Study the information presented to your attention and take it into your arms.
Preparing fruits for saving
Before you learn how to preserve fresh cucumbers in winter, let's talk about what it copies of this vegetable are suitable for long-term savings.
It is unlikely that you will be able to save for a long timespring and summer fruits. For harvesting for future use the autumn harvest of cucumbers. Select only whole, dense, bright green specimens of medium size. Vegetables are plucked from the bush so that the stalk remains on the fruit about two centimeters long. If you buy cucumbers in the market, be sure to pay attention to this fact. If the fetus has no petioles, such a cucumber will quickly fade. What to do with vegetables next? We learn about this from the following information.
How to keep fresh cucumbers? Description of effective methods
- In a clay or ceramic vessel, fold the fruits and fill them with clean, dry sifted river sand. Cover the container with a dense lid and bury it in the ground in the basement.
- During the month, cucumbers can be stored incold water. Fruits set tightly one near the other in a wide vessel with sharp ends up. Pour vegetables with very cold water (preferably from a spring or well) by 5-8 centimeters. Regularly, two to three times a day, refresh the liquid.
- How to keep cucumbers fresh in winter? Here is another ancient recipe. Each fruit wipe dry with a clean towel and cover with fresh chicken protein. Leave the vegetables to dry, fold them in a wooden box or plastic sachets and store in the cellar.
- Vinegar can help you to save fruits whole andunscathed for about two months. How to keep fresh cucumbers for the winter in this way? At the bottom of the dish, which is not oxidized, pour the vinegar table (9%), from above put a metal grate or a sieve. Put the cucumbers on this stand and cover tightly with a lid. Inside the container, an atmosphere is formed that is favorable for the conservation of fruits.
- Prepare for future use cucumbers can be in the bank. But for this we will not use either salting or marinating. How to keep fresh cucumbers for the winter in a glass container without the use of preservatives? The candle will help us in this matter. Clean, wiped dry fruits in a three-liter jar "on the shoulders." Place a small wax candle on top of the fruit. Let it burn for about 10 minutes with the lid open. This is necessary in order to burn out oxygen. Next, cover the lid, do not extinguish the candle, but leave it inside the jar. She will continue to burn there for some time. When there is no oxygen, the fire will go out. Cucumbers harvested in this way are kept in the refrigerator or basement.
These simple ways will help you extend the termstorage of a favorite summer vegetable for several months. And if you do everything right, then on the New Year's table you will have fresh tasty cucumbers.