Pedagogical lure: what is it and what is it eaten with?
When a child is six months old, almost every mother is faced with the question of complementary feeding. Of course, most women adhere to the recommendations of a pediatrician in such a delicate matter, but recently such a thing as pedagogical supplement has appeared. What it is, and how it differs from the standard introduction of complementary foods, we will try to understand.
What is a pedagogical supplement?
To date, there are two methods of introducing complementary foods - pediatric and pedagogical. Most moms follow the norms of pediatric complementary foods, but pedagogical is also gaining momentum. So, what is a pedagogical lure?
Pedicure is the introduction to the diet of a child of "adult" food, in addition to breast milk. The basic principle is that it is necessary to give the child adult food only when he is interested in it. That is, from 5-7 months a child can be put at the table with his parents during the meal.
Gradually, the baby will get used to the process of eating.In the end, he wants to know what is in the plates of mom and dad. Noticing this, parents should offer the crumb an interesting dish in the quantity of the so-called "microdoses". It is a drop on the tip of a teaspoon or a pea-sized slice.
Pedagogical lure differs from pediatric also in that it does not provide for special grinding of products to the state of mashed potatoes. If you gave the child a “micro dose”, then nothing terrible will happen. First, most likely, the baby will be indignant and spit out the unusual food, but gradually get used to it.
Rules for Teaching Lure
When pedagogical prikorma also need to follow a few basic rules:
- A child should eat only with his mother.
- The child should be interested. While he reaches for food - he is offered different microdoses. Has ceased to stretch - we remove from the table.
- The food is immediately introduced into the food in pieces, but very small.
- During the meal on the table should be a limited amount of food.
- For the period of pedprikorma necessarily support breastfeeding.
- Food for complementary foods is given to a child from a separate plate, never - from the table in slices. Thus, the culture of nutrition is imparted.
- Pedicocorp start to enter not earlier than 5.5 months in microdoses equal to the amount of food placed in the mother's pinch. To begin with, only monoproducts are given out (one vegetable), in a week a child can try up to three monoproducts at a time. At this time, the mother should transfer the family to a meal that is convenient for everyone - and for the beginning of complementary foods: for example, prepare side dishes from individual vegetables, rice and other cereals.
Pros and cons of pedagogical complementary foods
As in any other matter, the introduction of pedprikorma has its positive and negative sides. The advantage of such a lure is that parents are unlikely to ever face the problem of poor appetite. The child will not have to beg to eat a spoon “for mom, forfather and beloved dog "; Also, the baby will perceive food as a natural, familiar process that he controls himself, and not adults.
But the disadvantages can be attributed to the fact that such feeding will be an occasion to strictly monitor their diet, at least for the time of introduction of complementary foods. No matter how popular a healthy lifestyle and proper nutrition is, sometimes on the table many people have products not suitable for children of this age.