Hypertension: treatment with medicines and folk remedies, reviews of doctors and patients
Hypertension is a rather insidious disease, which affects every fifth of all people on our planet. And among them are not only those people who go to bed late, relieve stress with alcohol and a cigarette, have a snack on the go fast food, noisy find out the relationship or are always afraid of something not to have time or somewhere late. Increased pressure, which is characteristic of hypertension, occurs as a result of a failure of biochemical reactions in the body. And no one can give a guarantee that among the many diverse reasons that the “invisible killer” will not fall out will provoke the “invisible killer”.
Hypertension is a multifactorial disease. It is impossible to explain its occurrence by any one reason. It is this that complicates the definition of therapeutic methods for the elimination of pathology.Treatment of hypertension, as a rule, is intended only to maintain an optimal level of blood pressure and alleviate the person’s condition, while warning of possible complications.
To combat pathology, you can use a variety of techniques. And each of the stages will require a special approach. How to achieve the maximum effect of treatment of hypertension? Reviews of doctors indicate that with this ailment the patient should use all traditional as well as non-traditional methods, taking into account the individual characteristics of the organism.
This disease is so widespread that it is called the "disease of civilization." What does he represent?
Hypertension is a pathology, the first symptom of which is an increase in blood pressure. In healthy people, its values range from 100/60 to 140/90. Increased pressure is considered to be when the scale of the tonometer regularly reaches 140/90 and even higher for a certain period. And only a little later the illness acquires other signs, among which are:
- poor sleep;
- weakness and frequent vertigo;
- nausea, passing into vomiting;
- irritability and nervousness, as well as aggression;
- heartache and arrhythmia.
Hypertension develops when the elasticity of the vessel walls decreases, and they lose their ability to self-contraction and relaxation in order to adapt to changing conditions. There is a similar process of damage when exposed to certain factors that provoke long-term tension of the entire vascular system. Consider them in more detail.
Causes of pathology
One of the main factors causing the development of hypertension, are prolonged stress, as well as frequent and prolonged mental and nervous stress. In this regard, it is not surprising that such a disease is most often observed in those people whose work takes place under constant stress and with emotional outbursts. Often, one who has suffered a concussion suffers from hypertension.
Another reason for the emergence and further development of the disease lies in hereditary predisposition. According to the reviews of doctors, when making a diagnosis, they find out the presence of hypertensive relatives.
Speaking about the causes of high blood pressure, it is impossible not to mention hypodynamia.Reduced mobility is also a triggering factor for the development of the disease.
The appearance of the symptoms of the disease is also affected by the age-related restructuring of the body. Doctors confirm the fact that most elderly patients complain of pressure spikes. The similar phenomenon arises in connection with changes of vessels and accession of atherosclerosis. There is a definite connection between these two pathologies. It is because of hypertension that atherosclerosis develops and further progresses. However, doctors warn that this combination is a great danger to human health. After all, strong spasms for some time interrupt the flow of blood to the heart, kidneys and brain. And in the case when plaques develop on the walls of blood vessels, the circulation stops altogether. As a result, a person has a myocardial infarction or stroke.
Hypertension in women most often begins after the onset of menopause.
In order to understand how to carry out the most effective treatment of hypertension, it is necessary to have an understanding of the types, stages and degrees of pathology. Below we take a look at them.
Types of hypertension
Pathologies accompanied by an increase in pressure can be of several types. Among them:
- Essential hypertension. Such a disease, which belongs to the primary mind, is diagnosed in most patients. It occurs in the form of an independent malady under the influence of a combination of various factors. Treatment of hypertension at its primary stage is carried out using lifelong supportive drug therapy in combination with the optimization of rhythm and general lifestyle.
- Symptomatic hypertension. This pathology is one of the symptoms of another disease. This hypertension, which is classified as a secondary type, proceeds faster and harder. In this case, it manifests itself brightly and sharply. The applied methods of treatment of hypertension of this type are aimed at combating the pathology that caused it. Most often, the elimination of symptomatic hypertension is performed by surgical intervention.
Stages of the disease
In its development, the disease passes certain stages. Treatment of hypertension will also depend on a particular stage of the disease. Based on the level of the lesion that covers the target organs, there are three stages of the disease.And if on the first of them there are no such defeats at all, then on the third they are life-threatening irreversible processes.
Degree of illness
Such a concept means nothing more than the level to which blood pressure rises in humans. The degrees of the disease, as well as stages, are three.
And if on the first of them there is a slight and irregular rise in pressure, then the third one is indicated by a persistent and high, poorly adjusted value of the tonometer's indicators. As for the second stage and the second stage, their doctors describe as transitional.
Consider the stages of hypertension in more detail:
- The first, or light, is characterized by a relatively small increase in blood pressure. Its upper boundaries are in the range from 160 to 180 mm Hg, and the lower - from 95 to 105 mm Hg. st. At this stage, the blood pressure is unstable. During the calm state of a person, it returns to normal. However, the pathology is already developing, and the increase in blood pressure is observed again and again. According to doctors, some patients who have a mild stage of hypertension, do not feel any special deterioration in their condition. Other patients have symptoms such as headaches and tinnitus, decreased intellectual activity and sleep disturbance.Occasional nasal bleeding and non-systemic vertigo.
- The middle second stage is characterized by an upper pressure ranging from 180 to 200 mm Hg, and the lower one - from 105 to 115 mm Hg. Moreover, these indications on the tonometer have a fairly stable form. According to reviews of patients, they have dizziness and headaches, as well as discomfort in the area of the heart, which are angina pectoris. This stage does not do without hypertensive crises, as well as signs of target organ damage.
- At the third, severe stage of the disease, malfunctions in the work of the vascular system often occur, which is a consequence of a stable and significant increase in blood pressure. At the same time, the progression of atherosclerosis and arteriolosclerosis of the largest vessels begins. The upper pressure is in the range from 200 to 235 mm Hg. Art., and the bottom - from 155 to 130 mm Hg. At the third stage of hypertension, the heart muscle is affected, manifested by myocardial infarction, angina pectoris and arrhythmia. It is also possible the occurrence of pathologies of the kidneys, fundus and brain.
Treatment of arterial hypertension can be carried out using traditional classical methods, which are recommended to be supplemented with alternative methods.What does modern medicine offer us? The basis of the traditional method is the treatment of hypertension with drugs. In this case, doctors use a specific list of drugs. All drugs for the treatment of hypertension should be prescribed only by a qualified technician. Moreover, their reception according to a specific scheme and in the amount of the prescribed dosage should be carried out throughout the entire subsequent life of the patient. Doctors warn their patients that the unauthorized replacement or cancellation of drugs for the treatment of hypertension is unacceptable.
With the development of pathology, drug therapy should not be stopped even when the pressure in a person has returned to normal and he feels quite well. Treatment of hypertension with drugs is made using:
- ACE inhibitors, or inhibitors of the angiotensin-converting enzyme. The action of these drugs is aimed at blocking the production of renin by the kidneys, which causes an increase in blood pressure. In this case, such drugs are prescribed as "Tritace", "Metiopril", "Capoten", "Captopril", "Lizinopril", "Prestarium" and "Moex".These drugs contribute to the expansion of the coronary vessels, allow you to reverse the development of the disease. These funds have a small number of side effects, protect the heart and kidneys from the likelihood of complications in them. These drugs are prescribed for the treatment of symptoms of hypertension grade 2 and 1st. That is, when the pathology is still amenable to drug control.
- Beta blockers. This group includes drugs of the old generation. Assign them in the case of a persistent increase in blood pressure, characterized by high rates. Beta-blockers are designed to reduce the frequency of contractions of the heart muscle and indicators of peripheral vascular resistance. Judging by the reviews of patients, they are largely helped by drugs such as Metoprolol, Atenolol, as well as Lokren. All of them are used for bradycardia, which is characterized by an extremely rare heart rate, not reaching 40 beats within one minute, as well as obstructive bronchitis and bronchial asthma. However, doctors note the fact that beta-blockers have a significant amount of side effects.Contraindications for their use is the presence of diseases such as arrhythmia and diabetes. Beta-blockers are prescribed in combination with diuretics.
- Calcium antagonists. Doctors in this group are often prescribed for the presence of symptoms of hypertension and to establish effective control of the lower and upper numbers of blood pressure. The principle of their action is to prevent the access of calcium ions to vascular cells, which allows to reduce the rigidity of their walls. The drugs of this group can improve coronary circulation. In addition, they dilate blood vessels. Doctors say that calcium antagonists have some side effects. They have contraindications, such as metabolic disorders and narrowing of the aorta. Representatives of drugs of this group are "Verapamil", "Amlodipine" and "Nimodipin".
- Diuretics. The drugs included in this group are diuretics. They are designed to reduce the volume of fluid in the patient's body, which will lead to a decrease in blood pressure. Used diuretics in combination with other drugs. For hypertension, doctors prescribe such drugs as Indapamide and Hydrochlorothiazide, Chlorothiazide, and Clopamide.These funds can reduce pressure, while maintaining potassium in the body. After all, it is known that this particular substance is most often washed out when taking other types of diuretics.
For any symptoms and degrees of hypertension, the patient is treated with sedatives. The dosage and duration of the course of taking such medicines are established directly by the doctor based on the condition of each patient.
Such therapy for hypertension is a set of measures that activate the production of a certain type of compounds, which lead to the relaxation of blood vessels and improve blood flow. This treatment is carried out with symptoms of hypertension grade 2 and 1st. In the third stage of the disease, it is strictly prohibited.
Physiotherapy perfectly complements the main therapy and makes it possible to reduce the dose of prescribed drugs. In some cases, to eliminate the symptoms of hypertension and treat pathology, it is impossible to do without them at all.
Physiotherapy allows you to:
- improve the condition of the walls of blood vessels;
- normalize cerebral blood flow;
- relieve nervous tension;
- normalize the coronary circulation;
- reduce the severity of those side effects that may occur when taking drugs;
- produce anti-inflammatory and analgesic effect;
- speed up the metabolism.
Types of physiotherapy
Judging by the reviews of patients, the treatment of hypertension without drugs can significantly enhance the effect of taking medication prescribed by the doctor, while increasing the remission period. To obtain the desired result, procedures must be carried out regularly.
Treatment of hypertension without drugs can be implemented using the following methods:
- Electroplating. Galvanic therapy is a physiotherapeutic method of treating hypertension, in which the physicochemical processes occurring in the tissues of the body and its cells are regulated by a low-voltage electrical current. In the case of simultaneous administration of drugs, the procedure is called “electrophoresis”. When carrying out manipulations, electrodes are superimposed on certain areas of the body. Impulses from them contribute to the stimulation of blood flow and the opening of the reserve capillaries.
- Electrophoresis.When carrying out this manipulation, a similar apparatus is used, as in the case of electroplating. Only in this case, apply a tissue strip, impregnated with drugs that reduce blood pressure. This may be Aminazin or Obzidan. Substances contained in medicines, enter the body in the maximum concentration, without exerting a systemic effect on it.
- Low frequency magnetic therapy. The essence of this physiotherapeutic method is the effect on the body of an alternating magnetic field. Successfully, this technique is used to treat hypertension in both the first and second stages. Currents flowing to the brain through the back of the head, stimulate blood flow and reduce the frequency of heartbeats. This allows you to normalize blood pressure. Judging by the opinions of doctors and patients, such physiotherapy provides the patient with a stable remission.
- Aerophytotherapy. This method is an inhalation. Hypertensive patients are encouraged to breathe in pairs of essential oils of vanilla, lavender, juniper, lemon or orange. In the room where the procedure is carried out, set a certain speed of air flow.
- Hydrotherapy (therapeutic baths). The main purpose of this method is to relax the walls of blood vessels, which allows to reduce pressure. Judging by the reviews of patients, they are well helped by sodium chloride baths. Indeed, the healing components contained in the water allow the vessels to expand and quickly reduce blood pressure. Patients consider radon baths to be no less effective. Hypertensives note the fact that after they are held, pressure normalizes and pain disappears. As for carbon dioxide baths, they are appointed only in cases of a moderate increase in pressure to provide a sedative effect and normalize the blood circulation process. The severity of neurotic phenomena occurring in hypertension reduces coniferous baths. Judging by the reviews of patients, their implementation helps to eliminate sleep disturbances, increased emotional irritability and dizziness. Curative baths with coniferous extract and reduce pressure. However, they are assigned only to 1 stage of pathology.
- Ultra High Frequency Therapy. With this method of exposure to the body, electromagnetic fields of ultra-high frequency are applied.Special equipment for conducting UHF allows to heat fabrics and create thermal energy. The procedure has a vasodilating effect, improving blood circulation in the body.
- Dersonvalization. With this method of physiotherapy, the body is exposed to a pulsed current with low strength but high frequency and voltage. All this affects the nerve fibers, activating blood circulation. Influencing the vessels, the current narrows their gaps, and after a short time expands them. Thus, the procedure enhances blood circulation, which allows for the normal supply of oxygen and nutrients to all cells and organs of the patient's body.
- Laser therapy The low-intensity laser radiation created by special devices acts as an antioxidant, normalizing metabolic processes in the body and enhancing microcirculation in it. Judging by the reviews of patients, their condition improved significantly after several procedures. Patients noted a decrease in the intensity of headaches and discomfort in the region of the heart muscle.
- Electrosleep.This method of physiotherapy is used for hypertension quite often. Electrosleep is the impact on the central nervous system of low-frequency impulse currents. The patient falls asleep, and inhibition occurs in the cortex of his brain. This procedure can improve blood circulation and reduce the level of harmful cholesterol in the blood.
- Massage. A similar procedure is widely used for hypertension. It allows you to improve heart tone, stimulate blood circulation and normalize blood pressure. In addition, the massage improves the mental state of the patient and reduces the severity of his cephalgia.
Hypertension and gymnastics can be treated. Its advantage in this disease is undeniable. It is enough to recall one of the factors contributing to the increase in blood pressure, which is enclosed in a sedentary lifestyle. With the help of simple gymnastic exercises, hypertension can be treated in the elderly. This will allow them simultaneously with the normalization of pressure to raise the overall tone of the body.
The exercises used in hypertension contribute to the following:
- decrease in cholesterol levels and normalization of its metabolism;
- dilation of blood vessels;
- blood supply improvement;
- strengthen the veins and arteries;
- improving overall well-being;
- eliminate dizziness and pain in the head.
Bring back to normal high blood pressure allow these types of physical activity:
- Walks in the open air. Such walking is safe in almost any disease. Walking is preferably at least 40 minutes, which will allow the body to fully fill with oxygen and improve blood circulation.
- Bicycle riding. It must be performed at a moderate and quiet pace. A similar treatment of hypertension can be carried out at home. In this case, you will need to purchase an exercise bike.
- Charging in the morning. It is important for hypertensive patients to use the easiest and simple exercises. This can be walking on the spot and turning the head and torso, as well as rhythmic movements made by the hands.
- Water aerobics and swimming. Classes in the water great effect on the muscles, improving blood circulation and saturating the tissues and organs with oxygen. Such physiotherapy is especially recommended for the elderly, as it has a gentle effect on the joints.
- Dancing. Hypertensives recommend ballroom or oriental.Rhythmic dancing to get involved in this pathology is not worth it.
- Refusal to travel by elevator. It is also a great way to increase physical activity and strengthen your health.
In order for the body to perform its basic functions, it, among other things, needs iodine. This element contains all the tissues and organs of the human body, but the largest number is in the heart, lungs, muscles, fat and in the thyroid gland. Researchers have proven that iodine deficiency can provoke:
- weight gain;
- reduction in the rate of metabolic processes;
- constant fatigue.
The body may not receive the required amount of iodine when a thyroid gland dysfunction occurs. This leads to an increase in blood pressure. A person is diagnosed with hypertension. In order to stabilize the condition, the patient can apply one of two methods of treating hypertension with iodine. The first one is Indian. The second method is the ingestion of a kind of “tincture” of this substance.
How to use Indian iodine hypertension treatment? It is conducted by specific courses twice a year.The Indian method of treating hypertension involves the implementation of certain manipulations in early spring and early autumn. If you do not adhere to the time recommended by the ancient method, the whole scheme will be ineffective. The duration of such therapy is 20 days. After the first 10 days the patient must take a break for 10 days. In the decade following such a rest, Indian treatment of hypertension is continued. The essence of the proposed method of eliminating pathology is drawing with a cotton swab dipped in iodine, circles on the body. They, based on the treatment regimen, are placed on a particular area of the skin area. Every day, the patient needs to draw a new circle, which will be located in a different place.
Another method of treating hypertension with iodine is the ingestion of its alcohol solution, as well as milky or aqueous tinctures. In the first case, the tool is taken in small doses, the volume of which is only a few droplets. This makes it possible to soften atherosclerotic plaques in the vessels, which leads to a cleansing of the blood flow channel. Iodine treatment produces many positive effects.It leads to an increase in the elasticity of the walls of blood vessels and blood thinning. Additional positive effects are an increase in the body's resistance to infections, the normalization of metabolism, and the elimination of excess weight.
When preparing an aqueous solution of iodine in a glass of water should be added 10 droplets. This tool is used within a month twice a day for 30 minutes. before meals.
Hypertension can be treated with a mixture, which is obtained by adding iodine to milk. In this case, 15 droplets of the described substance are added to a glass of liquid. The duration of treatment and dosage are similar to that provided when taking an aqueous solution.
When applying these techniques, it should be borne in mind that the treatment of hypertension with iodine will be effective only when the cause of the pathology lies in the lack of this substance in the body. If the disease is caused by other provoking factors, then the course of therapy being conducted will be ineffective and will need to be corrected.
Alternative medicine recommendations
You can treat hypertension folk remedies at home.However, all actions taken are recommended to be discussed in advance with your doctor. This will allow treatment to be beneficial and not harmful to health.
There are a large number of completely safe and sufficiently effective methods to reduce blood pressure with the use of traditional medicine. Consider the most popular ones.
- Hot foot baths, in which it is desirable to add mustard powder. Such procedures reduce pressure very quickly.
- The use of pomegranate. It is very useful for hypertensive patients not only the fruit itself. Tea brewed from its crusts, which can be consumed in unlimited quantities, also relieves pressure well.
- The inclusion of currants in the menu. It is useful in any form. So, you can use fresh berries or cook compote from them, make juice or jam. Currant will eliminate the unpleasant symptoms that are associated with pathology.
- Eating vegetables. Very useful for hypertensive beets, the juice of which perfectly copes with atherosclerosis. Potatoes, which are baked “in uniform”, contain a lot of potassium. This substance is useful for vessels and the heart.Superbly struggling with the pressure of garlic and onions, which should be eaten every day.