How to store bananas so that they stay fresh for a long time
How to choose quality fruits
You can buy fruits of different degrees of maturity. For example:
- If it is customary in your family to make food stocks, you can buy a large branch of immature fruits. They are solid, have a light yellow or greenish tint. They need to be allowed to ripen - from 2-3 days to a week.
- If you plan to eat a banana on this or the next day, you need to buy ripe fruits: they can be hard or a little soft. The color is bright yellow (although there are other varieties - red, brown, bluish and many other shades). The peel of a ripe banana can be covered with small brown dots.
- Sometimes there is a need to buy overripe bananas. For example, if the ingredient will be used for the cake. The pulp of a ripe banana is easy to knead with a fork, if there is no blender on the farm. A too ripe banana is usually covered with brown spots, soft. It is only important to distinguish it from spoiled, in black spots, turned into mush (although there are fans of such exotic treats).
In any case, buying bananas, you need to pay attention to such aspects:
- The integrity of the skin - if there are scratches, cuts, dents, the fruit will quickly deteriorate;
- There is no need to buy bananas that have a gray tint - this usually indicates that the fruits were kept in the refrigerator;
- It is better to buy banana branches. If you take a piece, make sure that the leg is not torn off.