How to sew a lining to the dress?
Watch the video
There are several ways to attach the lining to the dress. We will consider the two most popular ones, those that even beginners can replicate.
How to sew a lining to a transparent dress
This method is called "Hong Kong". It is ideal for dresses made of silk or guipure, since even from the inside the seams look very aesthetically pleasing. The lining details in this case are covered in the patterns of the shelf and back, but on the shoulder and vertical sections an additional allowance of 1.3 cm is given.
- Fold the parts from the main and lining fabric with the inside sides.Chop the shoulder and vertical sections, combining them. Stitch the cut sections with an allowance of about 6 mm. and press the allowances on the side of the lining. The swaths and neck are still untreated.
- Turn out each stitched part and iron it so that all the folds of the lining extend beyond the edges of the main fabric at the same distance. Sections of shoulder and vertical allowances will be inside the lining.
- Now grind all the details with standard allowances of 1.5 cm.
- Sew a zipper and treat the neck and armholes with oblique or thin lace.
How to sew a lining to a dress with obtachkami
In dresses from a denser fabric, the throat is oftenprocessed by obtachka from the main material. In this case, the lining details are cut smaller by the width of the obtachment, but with standard allowances (1.5 cm).
- Sew and iron the dress from the base fabric.
- On the lining, grind the tucks and stitches, process the slices of the armholes. Sew the bottom of the lining so that it is 2 cm shorter than the top dress.
- Combine the dresses from the main and lining fabric with the wrong sides. Turn the throat sections inwards and gently cut them in several places. Sew the lining to the wraps with a hidden seam.
- If there is a zipper on the back, sew the lining manually at a distance of 7.5 mm. from the denticles. The lining of the lining is imperceptibly attached by two or three stitches to the allowances of the shoulder and side seams.