How to make an owl out of rubber bands without using a machine?
If you are fond of weaving of elastic"irises" series "Fanny Lum", you probably will be interested in an owl made of rubber bands. How to weave such a figure? Armed with detailed instructions, any set of "Fanny Lum" and a good plastic crochet. You can start working!
The Magic Ringlet
You will need to weave a special magicalring, which is the basis of all the figures in the style of "lumigurumi." Is not an exception and an owl of rubber bands. The cloth scheme consists of this magic circle and an arbitrary number of rows imposed on it from above. So:
- Throw the hook on the black rubber band in four turns. Pick up the second black "Fanny Lum" crochet.
- Throw off all the hinges on it from the hook.
- From the two remaining loops, make one, holding the left loop through the right one.
- Enter the hook directly into the four loops that were dropped on the elastic in the first step.
- Draw through them a black "iris". Left hook on the loop through the two remaining rings.
- Repeat the previous steps five more times. Thus, you have woven the first row of the canvas - the very magic ring "lumigurumi".
Continuation of work
Everyone who is interested in how to make an owl of rubber bands will need information on how to properly make the base of the figure.
- To make the base ("bottom") of the figure you needcontinue the weaving in the same way, only in the second row to tie in each loop two rubber bands. In the third row, weave two "Fanny Lum" into each second loop, and in the fourth row - in every third one.
- Continue the work, but now in each loopwind up one rubber, alternating colors: the 5th row - black gum, 6-7th - white or transparent, 8-16th - black "Fanny Lum", 17th - white or transparent, 18th - black, 19 th - white or transparent. You will have a torso. At this stage it can already be filled with sintepon or holofayberom.
You already almost got an owl made of rubber bands. How to weave the rest of the details? Follow the instructions below.
- To connect parts of the trunk, insert the hook into the first two loops of each of the two pieces opposite each other. Pick up the black rubber tool.
- Pull this "Fanny Lum" through the hinges and pounce the second half of the rubber on the hook.
- Thread the left loop through the remaining rings.
- Continue braiding in this way, until bothparts of the body will not connect. The last loop should be tightened and refilled inside the toy. If you have already done such figures, you probably know that it is convenient to use such a thing as a keychain. Owl of rubber bands will be an excellent souvenir and a true friend!
You can make and ears for your beauty:
- To form the ears, enter the hook into the middle loop of the last row.
- Pass through this loop a black rubber band.
- The left loop on the hook stretch through the right, forming a loop, and then repeat the previous steps again.
How to make an owl out of rubber bands, if you do not have anyone machine? It's very simple: one hook and any set of "irises" of the "Fanny Lum" series are enough. If you have chosen a multicolored or black rubber for the torso of an owl, try to make large eyes with contrasting, that is, black and white.
- To make eyes, weave a new magicring "Lumigurumi" of black rubber, then make the second row of white "Fanny Lum". The last white loop is pulled to the wrong side, pass through it a black rubber band and make a ringlet. In the same way the second eye is made.
- If you have already understood how to make an owl of rubber bands,then for sure you will guess yourself how to attach eyes to the body. To do this, it is sufficient to choose the place where the owl eyes will be located, pull out the loop and pass through it the ringlet left on the underside of the part. Then, remove the eyelet from the hook and wrap it on the base of the eye.
The beak is usually made of white rubber bands:
- Throw on the hook "iris" in three turns, pick up two more elastics and drop them on the loops from the instrument.
- Stretch two more "Fanny Lum" through the rings on the hook, then return the discarded loops to it.
- Pick up the new rubber band with a hook and drop all collected rings on it.
- Move the two loops from the hook to the fingers.
- Attach the beak to the trunk: Insert the hook into the loop located between the eyes, and draw the right loop of the beak through it. Put the left ring from the finger on the base of the left eye, and the right ring on the base of the right eye.
The figure is ready. Now you know how to make an owl of rubber bands with a conventional hook.