How to cook carp: recipes for every day and not only
Carp is a valuable commercial fish, its meat has a delicate flavor and a relatively small number of bones. You can cook from it a lot of interesting dishes. We will get acquainted with some now.
Carp in coconut milk sauce
Twenty years ago, knowing how to cook carp in a coconut sauce, could only be in cool restaurants. And now, with an abundance of exotic products and their relative price affordability, most housewives can afford to sometimes experiment for the holiday table. So, for this recipe we need:
- a tablespoon of peanut butter;
- stalk of such a spice as lemongrass (lemon grass). Spice is especially suitable for those who do not know how to cook carp to kill the smell of fish. Sorghum should be finely chopped, as usual, cut green onions. In the absence of lemon grass, lemon juice can be dispensed with - its citrus scent will also help;
- 4 clove inflorescences (spice);
- half tablespoons ground ground cinnamon;
- 1 hot chili pepper. Shred his thin straws;
- 1 large clove of garlic or 2-3 small ones. Finely chop them, then knead in a bowl with a spoon. Or squeeze through the garlic;
- half a spoon of (tea) black ground pepper;
- ready-made soy sauce - 2 tablespoons full;
- about 100 grams of coconut milk;
- 1 large fish, peeled and cut into portions;
- coriander root, fresh, grated on a medium grater;
- juice and lemon peel (one);
- salt to taste
How to cook carp. Step-by-step instruction
- The first stage - make the sauce. Put spices in a deep frying pan with heated butter (lemongrass, cinnamon, chilli pepper, black pepper, garlic, cloves) and fry it all for a few minutes until the heady aroma comes out of the frying.
- Soy sauce is added, and the contents are still stewed for 2-3 minutes.
- Now the frying pan is removed from the heat, there is a little bit of it, stirring it in, stir in the coconut milk. Then lemon juice and coriander root are added. Everything is thoroughly mixed, salted.
- We now turn directly to the question of how to cook carp in coconut sauce.The second stage - stewing fish. For this, the sauce is poured into a saucepan, prepared, well-washed pieces of fish are put in there. The roast is covered with a lid and stewed over low heat until cooked.
- When the carp is well drained, it is removed from the heat, laid out on a dish, and the sauce itself is thoroughly filtered and boiled a little more until some thickens. Then the fish is poured with sauce and served on the table.
But the recipe is simpler - how to cook carp in a pan, i.e. fry. We’ll clarify right away: for frying any fish you need a cast iron pan, with a thick bottom and high sides. Such a vessel warms up evenly, and seafood in it does not burn. And the depth of the tank will allow you to immerse the fish into oil as much as possible and fry it thoroughly. Portion pieces should not be thicker than 3 cm, otherwise the meat will burn somewhere, but somewhere will remain damp. Before frying, for 20 minutes, fish meat should be soaked a little with milk with salt and pepper. Then the pieces are rolled in breadcrumbs or flour and put on a well heated pan. This is exactly what we do with our carp. First, fry one side to brownish crust, then the other.To make the meat cooked well, we reduce the fire a little, you can cover the pan. When the carp is ready, it remains to lay out on a plate, sprinkle with finely chopped dill and parsley. You can squeeze garlic through the garlic and sprinkle the fish on them too. Wonderful side dish - boiled or fried potatoes and vegetable salad.
And finally, a couple of tips for those who decide how to cook carp in foil. To do this, we take whole fish, giblets, clean, make cuts along the carcass, rub it with salt and spices, lemon juice and leave it in the cold so that all spices soak the meat. During this time, in a mixture of mayonnaise and vegetable oil, pickle the semirings with chopped onions. After half an hour, the fish on both sides should be rubbed with a marinade dressing. Spread cooking foil on a baking sheet. On it we lay out a part of onion with dressing. From above - a carp, then inside it and from above the remained onions. Pour the dressing. Wrap the foil, send the baking tray in the oven, included in advance. The temperature is about +180. You need to bake about an hour. Then the foil unfolds, degrees are added so that a crisp crust forms on the fish.Serve with salad.