How to connect the ceiling?
Watch the video
Every motorist who installed a DVR in his car probably wondered more than once how to get rid of the wires and the ever-occupied cigarette lighter socket. This can be done quite simply; it is enough to connect the DVR to the car’s electrical system through the courtesy light located in the cabin. To perform this procedure, you will need to purchase a converter from 12V to 5V for cars.
How to connect the DVR to the ceiling through the converter?
- To begin, remove the decorative cover of the ceiling, unscrew the fasteners and pull it out in order to get direct access to the wires;
- Further, using a voltmeter, we find wires that supply 12 volts both with the door open and with the door closed;
- We disassemble the converter and pull out two wires from it for power supply (they must be connected to the cigarette lighter connector on the converter);
- Now these wires must be connected to the wiring leading to the ceiling (do not forget to observe the polarity);
- Connect the cable from the DVR to the USB output of the converter and test its operation;
- Next, you need to connect the ceiling and install it in its place, hiding under the casing wiring and converter.