How to clean paint from clothes at home?
Probably everyone had the imprudence to get dirty with paint. And not just paint over your arms, legs and other parts of the body, but also unintentionally “decorate” clothes. After such an awkward incident, it would be unwise to immediately throw away the soiled thing, because there are many ways to clean the paint from any fabric.
Classification of stains on paints
The best way is the most suitable in the current situation. That is, in order to remove any stain, you need to know the source of pollution. There are several types of the most common paints:
- artistic (gouache, watercolor, tempera, acrylic);
- repair (alkyd, silicone, acrylic, oil);
- hair colors (eyebrows, eyelashes);
- food (natural, synthetic).
Depending on the type of paint, the degree of contamination, and the period of limitation stains can be easily removed using inexpensive and affordable means.
Methods for cleaning clothes from artistic paints
Creativity is a huge part of the lives of many people. Professional artists, amators or children create man-made masterpieces.
But this lesson has one big disadvantage - constant contamination of clothing with paints, it is rare for anyone to manage to avoid the appearance of stains. All methods of cleaning things from artistic paints can be divided into several types. It all depends on the source of pollution.
- Watercolor and gouache.Both types of paints are water-soluble; it is easy to clean clothes from them even with cold water. If this does not help, then the detergent or stain remover will be used. In almost 100 percent of cases, watercolor and gouache stains disappear after washing.
- Tempera- this is a fairly common color, the stain from which can be removed with a bite. Make it very simple: moisten a clean white rag with vinegar and attach to the stain, slightly wet. If this does not help, then the only way out is to clean the paint from the clothes with the help of a stain remover.
- Acrylic spots on any fabric are easy to remove.medical alcohol.To do this, moisten the cotton wool with alcohol and rub the dirt.
Construction paints on clothes are not always a problem for builders
One of the most difficult types of pollution is the appearance of various stains from repair paints. Each type of paint, more precisely, its appearance on the fabric requires different methods of removal.
- Alkyd enamel.Her spots can be removed with white spirit. To do this, moisten a cotton pad in the solution, put a rag or a sheet of paper under the stain (on the wrong side of the product) and rub it until it disappears. After this thing must be washed using detergent or laundry soap. Thus natural fabrics (cotton, flax, jeans) are cleaned.
- Silicone-based paints.If the stains from this type of paint do not rub, then remove them is not difficult. To do this, just wait a little until the paint dries a little on the fabric, take a nail file or a clerical knife and lightly “undermine” the stain. If the pollution is absorbed, then only a miracle will help remove the stain.
- Acrylic construction paint.Such stains are not the worst for clothes, and it is easy to remove them with a banal wash. To enhance the effect, you can wipe the stain with a toothbrush moistened with liquid powder.
- Oil paints.The most difficult type of pollution, which is very difficult to remove.The first method is cold water and soap. It is suitable for cases when the stain is fresh. The essence of the method is as follows: take soap, rub it with soiling and rinse with water. The second way is to scrape off the dried oil paint with a knife or other sharp object. If the paint is deeply absorbed into the fabric and the second method did not work, then there is another option - to remove contamination with a chemical solvent (turpentine, white spirit, solvent). To do this, wipe the stain with a cotton swab moistened with a solution, then wash in warm water using detergent or soap.
Removing stains from hair dye
Changing the image is a pleasant phenomenon, especially if it is hair coloring. Was a brunette - became a blonde, or vice versa. All is well, if not for the spots, which often appear simultaneously with a new shade of hair.
They can be on towels, plastic clips and on clothes. The last moment is the most unpleasant.
To save the painted thing at home, you can use several methods.
- Bleach.If the fabric is white, cotton, without patterns, then it is soaked in bleach solution for 1-2 hours (take cold or slightly warm water).
- Vinegar.In order to clean the paint from clothes made of synthetic and woolen fabrics, acetic acid is suitable. The method is simple: you need to make a mixture of vinegar (1 tablespoon), a strong detergent or dishwashing detergent (1 tablespoon) and water (400 ml.). All components are thoroughly mixed and applied to the stain (previously moistened with warm water). If the stains do not disappear after the first use, rinse the product in warm water and apply the product again.
- Ammonia.Suitable for removing stains from natural dye - henna. For the preparation of "rescue" means you need to mix 200 ml of water, 40 ml of ammonia and hydrogen peroxide. Apply the mixture on the spots, leave for 20 minutes, then rinse with warm water.
Cakes, sweets and easter eggs
Multi-colored spots can be the result not only of art school, but also as a consequence of eating sweets and other products. They can be easily removed at home with the help of washing. If this method did not help, then you can apply the methods used in removing blemishes from hair dyes.
Beautiful, clean, well-groomed clothing is the business card of a successful person. And even if the pants or blouse suffered from the pollution with paint, this is not an excuse to get upset, because knowing the proven effective ways, they can be withdrawn. In such a complex matter as cleaning clothes from stains, you need to arm yourself with patience and recipes for the preparation of cleaning mixtures.