How many calories are there in sausages?
Sausages - perhaps the most popular semi-finished productof all the products on the market. This can be due to both the taste qualities and the speed of cooking: sometimes enough and 5 -7 minutes to cook sausages.
If you follow your diet, you need to know how many calories are contained in sausages.
Calories in sausages
The caloric content of this product depends on theSome factors, for example, on the content of meat or, so to speak, the purpose (some kinds of sausages - dietary or recommended for a child's diet). On average, the calorie content of sausages varies between 225 and 310 kcal per 100 g of product. If we assume that the standard sausage weighs 50-60 grams, the following data can be cited:
|Type of sausages||Caloric content (kcal)|
It is worth noting that the most useful and low-calorie are sausages made from chicken or turkey meat.
Acquiring sausages of various manufacturers,it is necessary to inquire about their composition (in the sense of sausages), because some unscrupulous producers can replace some of the meat products with soybean powder or additional food additives that can increase the calorie content of the produce.
Sausages: the pros and cons
In natural sausages, manufactured by all standards, there are some positive points:
- speed of cooking;
- the protein and fat content, which perform plastic and energy functions;
- the presence of vitamins, although in very small quantities (B12, cobalt, copper).
Among the cons are:
- presence of food additives, and sometimes dye;
- the maintenance of a considerable quantity of calories in some kinds of sausages;
- in some diseases (for example, osteosclerosis or obesity), the use of sausages is contraindicated.
For more information about the various semi-finished products, see the Semi-finished Products section.