How is trichomoniasis treated in women
Today, the treatment of trichomoniasis in women is a very urgent problem. This is due to the fact that it occupies one of the leading positions in the prevalence among sexually transmitted diseases. Treatment of trichomoniasis in women requires an individual approach to each patient and can be administered only by a qualified doctor.
What is dangerous trichomoniasis?
Despite the fact that in most cases the disease is not accompanied by any unpleasant symptoms, and often the woman does not even know about its presence, it is necessary to treat trichomoniasis. This is due to the fact that complications of this disease can be the development of endometritis, miscarriage or even infertility.
Treatment of trichomoniasis in women: basic principles
Treatment of this disease is usually based on the following principles:
- the doctor prescribes the patient a special antibacterial and antiprotozoal therapy;
- both general and local treatment is carried out simultaneously;
- mandatory immunomodulating therapy;
- restoration of normal vaginal microflora;
- treatment of trichomoniasis in women must be carried out in parallel with the treatment of her partner;
- during the course of therapy, sex and alcohol are prohibited.
Treatment of trichomoniasis: drugs
For the treatment of this disease in women, the following groups of drugs are used:
- Nitroimidazoles (medicines "Tinidazole", "Secnidazole", "Metronidazole"). The course of treatment with these drugs, as a rule, ranges from seven to ten days. Basically, pills are prescribed, but sometimes it is rational to use intramuscular injections.
- Immunocorrectors: special vaccine "Solkotrihovak R". Also often resort to lactotherapy, autohemotherapy, the use of honey or potassium orotate.
- Biostimulants: peloidodisylate, FIBS, aloe extract, vitreous body. Also, depending on the situation, vitamins of groups A, B, E and others may be prescribed.
Topical treatment of trichomoniasis in women
For the local treatment of this disease, patients are prescribed the following procedures:
- sedentary baths;
- Vaginal tampons.
Treatment of trichomoniasis during pregnancy
With regard to the need to treat pregnant women against this infection, there are many contradictions. On the one hand, a number of studies have shown that the main drug for treating trichomoniasis, Metrodinazole, is not the cause of preterm labor. In addition, it does not entail the appearance of malformations in the fetus or its death, and therefore it can be recommended for women in the position even in the first trimester. However, according to a number of scientists, the use of this drug significantly increases the likelihood of premature birth. But still, most doctors believe that when trichomoniasis is detected in a pregnant woman, it should be treated promptly in order to avoid the development of complications of this disease.