Hedgehog in a slow cooker - delicious, unusual, funny
To prepare such an interesting and even fun dish, like hedgehogs, in a slow cooker is easy. Many love hedgehogs for a variety of tastes, speed of preparation and an unusual look. There are many different recipes, in this article the most popular ones are selected.
What is good multicooker? In it you can add the necessary ingredients for the dish, start the timer and forget about the kitchen for a while. In addition, the hedgehog, cooked in a slow cooker, turns out to be just deliciously delicious, and if you dream up and paint his eyes and nose with ketchup, the dish will also look original. Children will definitely appreciate.
Hedgehogs from veal
To cook this recipe, it’s better not to take minced meat, but rather a piece of fresh meat.
- 0.5 kg of boneless veal;
- 100 grams of steamed rice;
- one onion;
- one egg;
- 300 ml of water;
- salt, bay leaf, black pepper.
As you have probably noticed, a hedgehog in a slow cooker is made from products that are taken for ordinary meatballs.But there is a significant difference - the rice is outside, and not mixed with minced meat. It is thanks to this that the hedgehogs gain their rice needles.
- Soak the rice for half an hour in warm water.
- Sliced veal and peeled onion scroll in a meat grinder. Put in a lot of egg, spices and salt, mix everything.
- Form balls of meat.
- Drain the swollen rice and roll the meat balls in it. The grits need to be slightly pressed, so that the rice will remain outside, but it will not fall off during cooking.
- Put the hedgehogs in a multi-cooker bowl, fill them with water, throw a bay leaf. Turn on the multicooker in the "Quenching" mode for half an hour.
Mashed potatoes and green peas are perfect for garnish.
This recipe is for the smallest and people watching their figure.
To cook hedgehogs in a slow cooker in this way, takeThe following products:
- 500 grams of chicken fillet;
- 150 grams of basmati rice;
- one bulb onion;
- two cloves of garlic;
- 30 ml of sesame oil (can be replaced by vegetable);
- a couple of spoons of water;
- black pepper peas, bay leaf, salt.
How to cookhedgehogs with rice in a slow cooker:
- Soak the rice in warm water for 20 minutes.
- Scroll the meat in a meat grinder, chicken, garlic and onions.
- Salted minced meat, add water and spices, mix thoroughly.
- Pour two glasses of water into the multicooker bowl, throw a few peas of pepper and a bay leaf into it. Install a grate for steaming.
- Form hedgehogs from mincemeat, roll them in swollen rice.
- Put your balls on the grid and turn on the slow cooker in “Steamed” mode for 40 minutes.
The ideal side dish for this recipe will be steamed vegetables or green salad.
When ordinary hedgehogs from minced meat with rice are bored, cooked in a slow cooker, you can try this unusual dish. And although there is no meat in it, it does not turn out less tasty and satisfying.
- 1.5 cups of chickpeas;
- 0.5 cups long grain rice;
- 1 egg;
- one piece of carrots and onions;
- garlic - a pair of cloves;
- salt, bay leaf and pepper.
How to preparevegetable hedgehog in a slow cooker:
- Soak chickpeas in warm water for 3 hours, and rice - for half an hour.
- To hedgehogs turned out gentle, chop chickpeas and onions in a blender until smooth.
- Grate carrots and garlic on a medium grater.
- Mix all ingredients, salt and pepper, focusing on your taste.
- Just like in the previous recipes, form balls, which then roll in rice.
- Put your chickpea balls on the grid, pour some water into the bowl, add bay leaf and set “Steamed” mode for 40 minutes.
A legume-vegetable hedgehog in a crock-pot turns out to be very satisfying, therefore, it is not necessary to prepare a side dish. Serve with pickles or vegetable salads.
- beef, pork, chicken - 300 grams of each type (you can experiment);
- 2 bulb bulbs;
- rice - 1 cup;
- tomato paste - 100 grams;
- mayonnaise - 100 grams;
- salt, sunflower oil, pepper.
- Scroll through the meat through a meat grinder.
- Add chopped onion in minced meat.
- Boil the rice until half cooked.
- Mix the minced meat, onion and rice and mix thoroughly to form balls.
- Warm a little oil in the multicooker bowl, place the rice-meat balls.
- Mix in a separate container tomato paste, mayonnaise and a liter of warm water. Pour the sauce obtained hedgehogs.
- Set the mode "Quenching" for half an hour.
Tomato balls are combined with any side dish, boiled potatoes with greens will be an excellent option.