And suddenly it will be necessary: how to connect a laptop hard drive to a laptop, and not only ...
Practice shows that the probability of the need to connect the hard drive of one of the computer devices to the laptop or the implementation of the opposite scenario of reconnection is prohibitive. A precedent to this can be suddenly or regularly manifested "digital trouble" ... The methods described in the article are intended to help the "head-breaking user" in solving the often encountered difficulty how to connect the laptop's hard drive to the laptop. Undoubtedly, valuable material, consisting of extremely effective recommendations, will affect all variants of interface-interaction of various types of storage media in order to obtain full access to the data on them.
The robot in the single purpose of the hard drive: a threat to the healthy psyche
Oh, how confusing it all is! Stationary computers are equipped with one type of drives, laptops and a separate type of computing devices with a NET prefix - to others. However, all these devices have a single universal ability - storage and processing of information. So, the "interface-differences" when deciding how to connect a hard drive from a computer to a laptop "can be circumvented. And also to avoid the state of easy confusion that often arises (in the "victim of technological circumstances") when the hard disk of a failed PC contains the very necessary data that is needed "right now". Relax, dear reader, there is a way out! Take a breath ... and not even in a single version!
How to connect a hard drive to a laptop: an instruction manual for SATA devices
Let's take a closer look at this situation: there is a working laptop, to which you must connect the HDD from the PC.
- First of all, you need to purchase a special adapter SATA-eSATA, when choosing which should be guided by the technical characteristics of the receiver. In our case, this is the presence of a "favorable" eSATA connector on the laptop.
- Most modern portable configurations have this interface. Which will eventually become a kind of answer to the question of how to connect a hard drive to a computer or laptop.
If your laptop has this kind of interface, then the further initialization process takes place almost instantly. The operating system will immediately detect the connected device as an external storage device. And the speed of work when organizing this kind of synchronization process is incredibly high, up to 6 Gbit / sec. Agree, with such parameters it is possible to interact comfortably enough with the data of any (within reasonable limits) volume.
Manual for IDE-hard drives: universal USB-port
How to connect a hard disk to a computer (laptop), if the drive has a somewhat outdated interface, and the laptop has only a universal USB-connector? Undoubtedly, a "complex symbiosis" is enough. Nevertheless, as it was said earlier, there is a way out!
- All is resolved by means of the special adapter which is connected to a laptop by means of a USB-cord.
- The input IDE-connector of the device allows you to connect the hard disk of the PC, and the separately output cable is used as a power supply.
Typically, such devices are often universally applicable gadgets. Since they often provide for two types of connection - SATA-USB and IDE-USB - using a single adapter controller.
"Brotherly understanding": two cords decide everything!
You will not have a question how to connect a notebook hard drive to a laptop if your laptop has the previously mentioned serial interface, and your "reconnect" -argenal has an eSATA to SATA adapter (7 + 15 pin). Otherwise, you should pay a visit to the nearest electronics store and buy a low-cost "pocket" for an external HDD.
This option is most suitable for an optimal solution to the difficulty voiced. Since the owner of such HDD-container can quite use the acquired device (in the future) for its intended purpose - as an additional external storage device.
By the way, the "HDD-pocket" can be connected not only via the eSATA interface, but also via the universally used USB port. This will make the situation extremely easy when you need to attach an 2,5-drive of a portable computer to a stationary PC. See the benefits of such an acquisition?
Culmination finale: Extreme information lift by the "poke" method
When deciding how to connect the laptop hard drive to the laptop, if the situation requires prompt access to data on an external hard drive and provided that there is no necessary adapter, but there is a USB flash drive and access to the Internet:
- Download the Live USB distribution.
- After you create a bootable flash drive, turn off and disconnect the laptop.
- Remove the battery of the device.
- On the back of the laptop find the text designation HDD, which is a kind of reference point that indicates the location of the installed hard disk of the laptop.
- Unscrew the protective cover and carefully pull out the HDD.
- In the liberated space, install the hard drive, which stores the information you need (urgently!).
- After you boot from the USB flash drive - you can see the "secret data".
This is how you can get a practical answer to how to connect a notebook hard drive to a laptop. The main methods of gaining access to the information stored on external HDD were considered in full. Good luck and all the best!